Two Dutch scientists have developed a bioplastic made from algae– vegetation that takes in carbon and releases oxygen through the same photosynthesis as other plants.
So far, they’ve been able to turn the dried material into something that 3D printers can use to create items such as bottles, tableware and trash cans!
Cleverness is inherited, as proven by a delightful post I’m sharing from Girl From Jupiter’s always-enjoyable blog! Later today, I’m off to an extended trip through the UK, with spotty internet access.
Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. 😘
Because I’m apparently suffering from Blogger’s Block, I decided to let my 14 year-old son and my 17 year-old daughter write this blog post. They were sitting around sharing goofy titles they came up with to replace the boring titles of typical college courses. I’m sure that their imaginary university would be pretty interesting to attend!
- How to Take Over the World (Political Science 101)
- Destroy Anyone in an Argument by Insulting their Innate Human Tendencies (Psychology 101)
- How to Design Buildings that Won’t Fall Down in the First 5 Minutes (Architecture 101)
- Math, Except All the Numbers Are Replaced with Letters and Weird Symbols (Calculus)
- How to Go to the Party Without Really Being There (Quantum Mechanics 101)
- Mindfulness and Meditation (Mortuary Science 101)
- How to Talk to People Because You Didn’t in High School so Now You’re Making Up for It (Communications 101)
- How to Get One Step…
View original post 93 more words
I made these yesterday and agree with the raves. T wrote about them this morning in her entertaining blog and I couldn’t wait to share the recipe with you. My only caveat is that the directions say that the dough makes 15 cookies, which seemed enormous. So I made 18 (roughly 2.5″ diameter) instead, and next time might go even smaller, perhaps 20 cookies, as they are quite hearty and filling. Enjoy, and let me know if you try them!
I loved this news story:
An Irish judge excused a 54-year man from jury duty after he revealed that he was in love for the first time and had planned a weekend getaway with his sweetheart. “Go with my blessing”, said the judge.
How cute is that?!