It’s not just about digital devices, TV and movies. A recent survey of reader habits revealed some interesting stats:
- Women are major mystery fans (37% citing as their preferred genre)
- 2% of men admit that romance is a preferred genre
- 70% of respondents prefer print over e-books
- Women prefer reading in bed, and 13% of people read while they commute (hopefully not while driving)
- Men and women were equally likely to read in the tub
Another cool thing: international literacy is on the rise. And although books are in short supply in developing nations, most people have access to cellphones, which broadens opportunities to read. In a UNESCO survey of more than 4,000 in Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, India, Pakistan, Ghana and Zimbabwe, 62% of respondents reported that they were reading more — by using their phone.