Happy New Year, everyone!
January is the time for resolutions, so these are my fashion promises to myself, inspired by the ever-delightful Lady Sarah’s blog:
- I will not save my “good” stuff for special occasions; I will create opportunities to use and enjoy them
- I will purge my wardrobe of items I don’t wear, except for things I will wear when I:
- Lose those pesky pandemic pounds
- I will avoid sale temptation, unless it’s something I truly need and would buy at full price
- I will not kid myself that something that looks fabulous on a 20-year-old model or “influencer” will look the same on a septuagenarian
Abruptly changing topics:
Recently, friends got rid of their massage chair because it made “weird” noises. I immediately wondered: “Weird, how? Did it moan, or what?!” And can we expect similar commentary from other home items, e.g., a burping refrigerator, a computer that shrieks when it reveals our bank balance, a coffee machine that gets progressively louder if one drinks too much caffeine??
The mind boggles. Time to rearrange my closet.