OK, none of these qualifies as “news” exactly, but they’re cool enough to brighten my day, and hopefully yours.
- The heart of a shrimp is located in its head.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- The fingerprints of a koala are so indistinguishable from humans that they have on occasion been confused at a crime scene.
- Slugs have four noses.
- Elephants are the only animal that can’t jump.
- A rhinoceros’ horn is made of hair.
Question: What could possibly be so compelling to a slug that it would need four noses to smell it?!