After my recent beauty misadventure, I currently find myself in Beauty Purgatory, aka the Oregon Coast, where the only day spa that did eyelash tinting has suddenly gone out of business.
I mean, is it me? WTF?!
Determined to find a solution, I order a lash tinting kit online after perusing some reviews.
The Godefroy “28 Day Mascara” comes with a tube of color and a tube of developer, plus an applicator and under-eye pads, which I quickly discover are a bit too thick and awkward.
The process is simple:
- First, wash and dry your lashes to remove any oils, creams and moisturizers.
- Apply petroleum jelly around the eye area, making sure not to get it on your lashes.
- Apply color, doing one eye at a time. I suggest using a disposable mascara wand.
- Apply developer and leave it on for one minute. Disposable wand for this, too.
- Wipe down eye with damp tissue and do the other eye.
Results: Meh, even though I do them twice. I suspect I’d get better results if a) my lashes were longer, 2) my eyelids weren’t as droopy, 3) I didn’t blink 80,000 times while attempting this.
The search continues…. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I still haven’t heard anything from my erstwhile eyebrow guru. I really hope she is ok.