A University of Minnesota study conducted over a 10-year period found that cat owners lowered their risk of heart attack by nearly 30%. Meowza!
Other research supports these findings, and lists even more benefits:
- Reduced risk of heart disease is similar to going on a low-salt diet
- Boosts your immune system
- Helps children avoid developing allergies
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Reduces the risk of stroke
- Heals bones and muscles
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Improves mood
- Lessens feelings of loneliness and depression
Here’s the full article I found, complete with adorable photos.
Really good info here- thank you. I have suspected for a long time now that my cats have special powers. Do you think a cat can heal my skiing injury?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh, I hope so!