These two ideas are simply genius.
- Prevent silver tarnish: Don’t toss those little silica packets that come in bottles of vitamins, supplements etc. Instead, put one or two in a closed bag with your silver. The desiccants help prevent corrosion by absorbing the moisture which reacts with sulfur in the atmosphere to create tarnish. This hack also helps keep gold jewelry shiny and bright.
- Easy jar cleaning: When you’re stuck with jars of sticky stuff like peanut butter and honey, try this process:
- Scoop out as much as possible
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda and fill jar with hot water
- Put the lid back on and shake vigorously
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then dump out the dirty water.
- Reuse or recycle!